The way people communicate today has changed entirely over the past few decades, especially with the birth of social media. Something that hasn’t changed is the importance of a press release. This vital tool for communication has become more critical than ever in regards to successfully promoting your company. Find out what a well-written press release can do for you and your business.
The Importance of a Press Release
The understanding of how to make a successful press release can benefit both large and small companies. With the assistance of social media, press releases are now used as a crucial SEO tool that helps customers, investors, future employees, and other target groups learn about a business online. This direct form of communication can deliver unfiltered messages to the masses.
Press Release 101
Press releases have changed substantially over the past few years, especially since many businesses have begun to understand the importance of online marketing. If done correctly, this efficient and affordable form of self-promotion can grant your business instant exposure, an increase in sales, and plenty more. One must not undermine the importance of a press release.
A press release is a short, compelling written piece sent to strategically targeted members of the media. The essential elements of a press release should answer these questions:
What is a Press Release Used For?
- An announcement of a new product or service: If you would like to notify the public of a new product or service your business is now offering, you should craft a concise press release. This can instantly get your news found on a number of search engines and social media networks once distributed.
- Improving your brand image: A press release can enhance your brand image by informing people about your quality of work, charities, community outreach programs, internal changes, and other significant events.
- Widen public knowledge: Adding links to desired web pages within a press release can direct readers to more information on what a company does.
Social Media and Press Releases
As stated earlier, social media has changed the way people communicate. It has led to many shifts in our society like political revolutions and fantasization of pop culture. Today, press release and social media go hand in hand. Some of the benefits of posting a press release on various platforms of social media are:
- The possibility of going viral: A press release can go viral online if people share it enough on social media platforms. A buzz like this was never possible with traditional press releases.
- Convenience and Portability: Having press releases posted on social media allow readers to indulge anywhere at any time on their smartphones.
Press Releases with PR Plus
PR Plus will connect your company with the world through public and media outlets. Our team of professionals have the writing skills and tools to craft your perfect press release. We are the Entertainment PR firm of Las Vegas! Contact us at (702) 696-1999 for more information.